Tuesday, September 15, 2009

1st, 2nd and 3rd Week... Lab Project 1...

Well, I finished my second test today. It was much more difficult than the first test, as it was over pretty much all of liver metabolism in the fed and fasted states. It was pretty rough, but I fell like I did pretty well. I am starting to fall into a rhythm with studying, classes and playing : ) Its nice to have so many friends that we are already so close to. Lauren is able to spend the evenings with Jordan and Anthony's wives, so all three work to keep each other entertained while the three of us are studying. I have figured out how to make videos on my laptop, so hopefully I will soon be shooting and creating a full-length feature that will follow the lives of us 3 creepy guys just trying to get through dental school.
I felt that my first assignment for SimClinic should be a monumental occasion, so I decided to get a little video of it. I got an "A" on my wax up, but I was marked down for having a little too shallow crest of curvature. My incisal edge was also a little short, however, being a rookie to using a typodont, I didn't realize that when I screwed the tooth back in, it would be held more tight and thus deeper into the socket....next time I'll have to adjust the screw to keep this from happening.
Although we study a ton (pretty much every night for 4-5hrs and 8hr/day on the weekends) we have a lot of fun. Last Friday we got together and played a games with quite a few of our friends, and Anthony came over last week to see Belle and Penny.
All this studying has really made me tired, and any spare time has been spent trying to keep Lauren up on her "Matty" fix, so I haven't had a lot of time to post, but I'll try to keep it up : )

No comments:

Post a Comment