Saturday, September 5, 2009

1 Week Closer

Well, the first week didn't kill me. It was a super eventful week, and so far I really enjoy dental school. After spending more time with our faculty and Dean, I can see that everyone here wants to do all they can to make us the best dentists we can be....regardless of cost. The week started with lab on Monday, which was mostly distributing tools and laptops. Tuesday through Thursday were lecture days. Each day we arrive at nine and receive lecture until 3 or 4. Every other week we have an ethics lecture, and Friday's off. This Friday we had lab because the long weekend. It was AWESOME! I really feel like a little dentist now! Our first assignment is a partial mesial restoration of the right central incisor. I was really worried about my lack of artistic ability, but I surprised myself with how well I did. You can see above that my shape looks pretty good....at least from the frontal view. I still have some work to do, but I feel pretty proud with my work. Of course every day has been followed by studying (except Thursday, I had to watch BSU embarrass Oregon!) at the library. As you can see in the pictures, I am not alone in the library.

We work hard, but we also try to play hard. I have included some photos (terrible quality) from our first Friday night of Dental school. We decided to go out for Gelato, then went "extreme" cosmic bowling. It was a great time....but soon after I was back to the grindstone.....studying.....

No comments:

Post a Comment