Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Creep-ilicous, but interesting...


Some tidbits about my life since the last post. I have continued doing well on my basic science examinations. Today I took my 3rd test, which finalizes 4.7 credits and completes BASIC 1501, now I am in BASIC 1502. I went into this test with a 96-ish average, so I don't think my grade will fall below an "A" (although I could be wrong). Yesterday we had our first Lab Practical, unfortunately I didn't practice enough and my tooth turned out horrible! Despite my lack of practice, I feel that my finished product would have passed, even if the grade was not to my standards. However, with 10 minutes left of our 2 hour practical, my incisal edge (the tip of the tooth) broke off completely down to the original preparation.....so needless to say I failed and will be retaking the test at a later date : ( While I am extremely frustrated with my performance, I am looking at this in a positive light. Since I failed, I get to join the many other people who failed to learn more about how to create a perfect veneer. This can only make me better at waxing, and in the end will make me a better practitioner. Lucky for me, our faculty is very caring and wants everybody to become top-notch dentists.

Of all the cool things I have learned so far at MWU, this has to be the most interesting...and sort of funny. Attached is a video about a lady who lost her sight for 9 years due to some problem with her cornea or something. They took out her canine, drilled a hole in it and used it to position a lens into her eye, restoring her sight in that eye. Pretty amazing what they can do. The video is funny because if you listen to the lady, she sounds so funny......"They took my toof....and put it in my eye!.......Imagine that!" HAHAHAHAHA!
Also, if you have seen the movie "District 9" she kind of looks like that guy when he is transforming into a "Prawn."

No comments:

Post a Comment