Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 1

Today was the first day of the most exciting and difficult four years of my life. The day started by dispensing our new computers. I got the MacBook Pro and I couldn't be happier with the selection. The morning was spent setting up and registering all the dental programs we have for lab. The programs are going to be really handy for learning dental anatomy. We were treated to lunch by the D2 students, and were assigned to a "Big Brother" or "Sister." My "Big Sister" is awesome! She has already offered some great advice and has also offered her notes and some killer deals on her old books. After lunch we received our equipment for lab, including our articulators, drills, wax, KY (yeah I didn't know KY was useful in dentistry), handtools and other useful items. We then met our new best friends for the next 4 years....Dexter. That is the name of the simulation dummy that we work on. This is probably the most hi-tech piece of equipment we will deal with. After learning the ins and outs of Dexter, we were introduced to our first case study.
Our seating arrangement is based on our last name so I couldn't sit with the "three amigos" as we are now called. I feel very fortunate that the two people sitting around me are really nice...and they seem smart so I can ask them for help : ) To make it even more sweet, the Dentist assigned to our lab section lived in Eagle Idaho for a while and is a huge BSU football fan, so we'll cheer on the broncos together.




No comments:

Post a Comment