Saturday, October 10, 2009

Max and Liam (my nephews),
Greetings from Arizona! We miss you both very much! Grandma and Grandpa travelled all the way down here to witness a very important step in my life. Unfortunately they brought bad news from home. They informed me that you told them that you had forgotten what I look like......devastating. Through the entire ceremony and weekend I have struggled with the fact that you will be 8 and 6 when I get home...if I am able to move back to Idaho. In light of you forgetting what I look like, I made a video to remind you of what I look and sound like : ) enjoy!

White Coat Ceremony:
The white coat ceremony has been around for over a century, however, it wasn't until recently that the medical field adopted this prestigious event. It started in the sciences field, as Ph. Ds would receive their coat, signifying their commitment to the field of science. More recently, the medical field adopted this event, as physicians believed it was important to recognize the relationship between medicine and science, thus the white coat ceremony began. This day has so much more meaning than just receiving a white lab coat, but it gives my journey through dental school a purpose.....to serve my fellow man and commit my life to being the best healthcare professional I can. This is my pledge to serve my patients in an ethical, compassionate manner. At the end of the ceremony we all took our oath to uphold the high standards of MWU CDM and the entire healthcare field.

No comments:

Post a Comment